Welcome to The Grit Tree, where it is all things Georgia and all things Southern. With all the other options out there in the blogosphere, we are glad that you have chosen our blog to read.
We are just four friends who have a passion for the Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, southern food, peaches and Lewis Grizzard. Though we come from all different parts of Georgia, we now reside in Middle Georgia.
We have decided to take our passions and turn them into a blog.
There are principles on which we stand by, and will guide any future posts:
- The Georgia Bulldogs are one of the premier teams in not only the SEC but the entire country.
- There is no better place to live in the world than the American South, specifically the great state of Georgia.
- We prefer pulled BBQ pork, homemade soft serve peach ice cream, and sweet tea with a lemon.
- It will always be “The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.”
- It is appropriate to wear a collared shirt to a football game, regardless of what Florida fans in their number 15 jerseys say.
The Grit Tree will look something like this:
July-January: Heavy Georgia Bulldogs football
January-July: Georgia Bulldogs football and other topics such as the BBQ restaurant of the month or anything else.
We are always open to your comments or suggestions. Please feel free to comment or email at thegrittree (@) gmail (.) com.
Thank you and GO DAWGS!