1. This team is a magnet for misery. It’s almost as if this team is destined for adversity, no matter what it does to avoid it. How many times this year have we been frustrated with Georgia not coming out taking care of business against a lesser opponent? And the one time it all clicks early? You lose one of the most beloved Bulldogs to injury.
2. I mean, how cruel and unfair can you get. It was a night set up to be all about Aaron Murray. Students were dressed in black to honor him. The crescendo was building in the first quarter to either the end of the game of when he left the game in the second half at some point, symbolically handed over the reins to Hutson Mason.
3. Worst of all – Murray could have easily pulled himself out of the game. But doing that isn’t in his makeup. I’d rather have a player pushing themselves beyond the limit than a soft prima dona like Crowell.
4. Reggie Davis looks to be the guy returning punts. Even after a muffed punt, he was back there again. The message was sent – he’s the guy and we’ll keeping sending him out there.
5. What is it with our senior QBs final home game? Murray, Greene and Zeier all had injuries in their final home games.
6. To the moron behind us during the App State game saying that ‘maybe Mason should have been starting all year..’ well you got your wish.
7. Im not too worried about Mason under center against Tech. We beat a Tech team that won the ACC with Joe Cox at QB, for crying out loud.
8. I’m scared to death about our defense this week. The triple option kills you if guys miss assignments or don’t finish plays…this defense has a very bad habit of doing that.
9. A sadness fell over me last night as I pulled onto the loop and headed towards Watkinsville. It’s a whole 10 months until we’ll all be back in Athens for a game, unless you count G-Day. This season has given us a lot of frustrations in Sanford Stadium, but incredible memories Between The Hedges and amongst our tailgating communities as well.
10. Tuck Fech.