1. There is absolutely no such thing as an ugly win or a win not to be happy about against Florida, especially if you lived through the hell of earth that was the 1990s.
2. Todd Gurley might have to sit out the first half next week against App State. Honestly, he needs to anyway. He needs rest in a bad way. We saw how spectacular he can be in the first quarter and also that he was a shell of that when depleted as he was in the third quarter.
3. Georgia let Florida back in the game, but I wasn’t too shocked. This was a talented team with injuries, much like Georgia. They came into the WLOCP ticked off, and when you face an angry team in a rivalry game, they won’t roll over easy.
4. Speaking of rivalry…the SEC officials put on a clinic of how not to control a game. Some of the foolish pundits will point to a lack of discipline by Georgia and try to pin it on Richt, but when Florida is allowed to jaw at Georgia from the opening kickoff, how do you think thing’s are going to escalate, especially with two teams that dislike each other?
5. Five years ago, Georgia loses this game. It’s composure looked shifty at times in the second half, but it found that extra gear when it needed on both sides of the ball.
Oh, and breaking news…. You can’t spell Muschamp’s first name without theee L’s to Georgia.